Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My blog

Weeds is my favorite TV show of all time! Season 5 wrapped up at the end of the summer and Season 6 won’t start up until May. So, in the meantime, I’ve decided to analyze some of Weed’s commentary on contemporary society. If you haven't seen it already I'll give you a brief idea of the show’s premise. The main character is Nancy Botwin. When Nancy’s husband passes away and leaves her stranded with two boys in suburbia, Nancy starts selling weed to make money. The five seasons that follow include all of the shenanigans that she finds herself, her family, and her weed dealing/smoking friends getting into. The writers and producers of this show, in addition to being comedic geniuses, also make some interesting statements about pop culture today. For the next few months I plan on sharing some of my insights and criticisms with you. I may look at specific episodes, characters, quotes, and whatever else moves me. If anything, I hope I can inspire people to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment